If you've ever wanted to ask experienced adoptive and foster moms what practical things they would recommend you do before bringing new children into your family, this episode is for you.
If you are in the midst of fostering or adopting, you'll get fresh ideas to help you as you parent and love your kids.
This is the second half of a discussion we began last week about preparing to become foster or adoptive parents.
Last week, we discussed internal preparations: mental, emotional, and spiritual.
Today we're talking about the 6 most important practical things you can do to prepare for being an adoptive/foster parent.
1. Simplify your life - your stuff and your schedule.
2. Get all the "things" done beforehand.
3. Build your tribe.
4. Prepare answers for hard or ignorant questions.
5. Consider all of your children's safety.
6. Plan some fun while you wait.
Click here to download a transcript for this episode.